- Inline spell checker which is programming language aware.
- Highlighting matching block start and end markers.
- Auto-completion for many programming languages, and even for nested languages.
- Auto-recovery of changes in modified documents after a crash, kill or shutdown.
- Code block folding.
- Character map of all Unicode characters.
- Inline reference information for various programming languages.
Crimson Editor Review
Crimson Editor a free source code editor developed by Ingyu Kang. The program runs under Windows operating system. This program is small in size and run fast which can serve as a good replacement for Notepad. Besides that, this editor also offers many features for programming languages such as HTML, C, C++, Perl and Java. There is Syntax Highlighting for HTML, C, C++, Perl, Java, Matlab and LaTeX. Crimson Editor can also be extended for other programming languages based on custom syntax files. It can be used as HTML editor or other programming languages editor.
- Edit multiple documents.
- Syntax highlighting: configurable via custom syntax files and preconfigured for more than 100 computer languages.
- Multi-level undo and redo.
- Project management.
- Directory tree view window.
- Find and Replace.
- Column mode editing.
- Spell checker: around 100000 words were added in the dictionary.
- User tools and macros.
- Edit remote files directly using built-in FTP client.
- Support Unicode, UTF-8 encoding.
- Drag and drop text editing.