Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Platinum is one of the most popular typing software program on the internet. Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Platinum is a product of Encore Software Inc. The software helps the user to improve their typing skill, increase typing speed, improve typing accuracy, use 10-key skill, and most of all, make typing fun with various typing games.
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Platinum is available for Windows XP SP2 and Vista, and Mac OS 10.4 and later. There is no trial version available for download for current version. But user can download old trial version of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing here.
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Platinum Highlight Features:
- Dynamic Personal Instruction – Comes with renowned Adaptive Response Technology that runs through the core training curriculum and maximizes user’s improvements in the shortest time possible. It places user in the lessons based on their current skill level and adjust their path as they progress through the training program.
- Practice Area – Lets user choose what they use to practice their typing. Select from hundreds of articles and passages covering a wide variety of topics and subjects including literary classics, history, autobiographies and poetry. There is plenty of relevant content for all ages, including passages that are great for kids. User can also import their own text with “Import Your Own Text” function.
- Custom Lesson Designer – User can use their own imported text or leverage Mavis Beacon’s library to build their own Custom Lessons. User can create Standard Lessons, Speed Tests or even Games using the text of their choice and set up each lesson’s limits and goals.
- Typing Games – Comes with 16 challenging games designed to improve user’s typing speed, accuracy and/or rhythm, the Typing Games are sure to help user improve and they will have fun while they are doing it.
- Progress Tracking and Reporting – Allows user to track their performance over time and provides a series of reports so that user can understand and review their progress.
- Spanish Mode – In Spanish Mode, it presents help, reports and more in Spanish.
- Practice Lessons in French and Spanish – In the Practice Area, user can select to practice their typing skills using French or Spanish content. With excerpts from classic stories and literature, language learners can brush up on their language skills while improving their typing.